Application for Family Membership
.....is FREE to:
- fragile X families living in the UK (who have a confirmed diagnosis of fragile X) (Overseas family memberhip incurs a fee of £30.00 per annum)
- carriers of fragile X
- people who are affected by fragile X
- full time carers of one or more adults or children with fragile X
and entitles members to the following benefits:
- Access to the Society's Newsletters which contain family stories, research updates, and articles about many different aspects of fragile X
- Invitations to Family Conferences
- Access to our Family Support Workers Jane and Wendy and Sandra, and to our Link Family Members (who are all parents of children or adults with fragile X) for support, advice, and information
- Access to the Members Forum, once an initial registration request has been granted. The forum gives registered family members the opportunity to communicate with other family members, to seek friendship and to share experiences, information, and knowledge
If you and/or an adult or child in your family (or wider family) has a confirmed diagnosis of fragile X, and wish to apply to become a family member of the Society then it is necessary to complete a Family Membership Application Form and a Diversity Monitoring Form. Please either Contact Us to obtain copies of the forms, or download them using the links below, print and complete the form, and send it to us at the address on the form.
Do remember to enter your telephone number on your membership form - our Family Support Workers Wendy or Jane will give you a call to welcome you to the Society, and discuss with you how they can help you to access the information and services that are relevant to the needs of your family.
Once your details have been checked by us your details will be loaded onto our confidential membership database, and your membership details will be confirmed to you in writing. Download New UK Family Membership Form .