The Fragile X Society is a UK registered charity supporting all those affected by Fragile X Syndrome, the most common known cause of inherited learning disabilities.
As a small charity we rely on voluntary donations for all our income. All donations, large and small, make a real difference to us. With your support we will be able to continue and develop our support and services for fragile X families.
Ways in which you can help
- By hosting a "Tea Party" to raise funds for us.If it helps, you may like to use our Tea-Party Invitation to send to your prospective guests.
- By making a donation, such as by on-line giving, cheque/credit card payments, regular giving, Gift Aid, Payroll giving, or Deed of Covenant
- By organising a fundraising event such as by organising sponsored bike rides, quiz nights, boot sales, golf days......., or holding an awareness and fundraising Tea Party for us
- By supporting those who generously support us!
- By purchasing your home buildings and contents insurance through Suraid - who will donate 6% of the premiums to the Society at no cost to you.......
- By encouraging your company to support our work, either by making a donation, match funding, making a deed of covenant, or by choosing us as their 'Charity of the Year'
- By leaving a legacy to the Fragile X Society in your will
- Support Us at no cost to you - when you Shop Online with easyfundraising.org.uk
- By supporting our current fundraising activities, including joining our 100 Club, or via our Annual Lottery
- By purchasing our merchandise, which includes items such as Christmas cards, fragile X polo shirts, fragile X bookmarks, and fragile X awareness cards
Thank you very much for your support.
We are so proud to announce that we will be receiving a grant form Genetic Orders UK from funds raised on Jeans for Genes Day which is on 19 September 2014!
Our Jeans for Genes Day funded project is to bring bang up to date, our introductory booklet "FRAGILE X SYNDROME: An Introduction", which is always in great demand from our enquirers, be they fragile X families, professionals, students, or even other organisations.
THANK YOU, Genetic Disorders UK, for helping us to support our fragile X community.
To show your support for Jeans for Genes Day, sign up to take part at http://tinyurl.com/ced4jzu
AND do link to them in posts you do - see below:
Facebook - /JeansforGenes or /GeneticDisordersUK
Twitter - @JeansforGenes or @GeneticDisUK
Google+ - Genetic Disorders UK
Ways in which we can help
The Fragile X Society is extremely fortunate to be supported by so many of our families and their friends and relations each year. We are constantly amazed by the energy and ideas that our supporters come up with to raise money to support us.
You may not be aware that apart from securing grants, the Society relies on all the fundraising efforts of our supporters to fund the information and support that we offer.
Any fundraising, no matter how small is greatly appreciated by the Society. We acknowledge and send thank you letters and thank you posters if you want them, to you and your supporters.
The Society has also registered with three organisations,
- Justgiving ( www.justgiving.com ) ,
- mydonate (www.btplc.com/mydonate , organised by BT), and
- Virgin money giving ( http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com )
so that your supporters can make their donations online. These sites have very easy to use facilities for you to set up the details of the fundrasing event that you have organised or are planning to organise.
Once your own personal page is set up you can contact your friends, family, and colleagues (via email or facebook or twitter or phone...... etc) to visit your Justgiving or Virgin money giving or mydonate page and make their donation in a secure and easy fashion. These payment vehicles are also very tax efficient, since, if your supporters are UK taxpayers, they can Giftaid their donations at no extra costs to themselves, and the taxed parts of thei donations are recovered automattically and forwarded to the Society.
Those of you who have supported us will know Dorcas Slaney, our devoted Family Fundraising Officer who helps and encourages those of you who organize events, and tells us in the Newsletter about all the fundraising that has been going on.
We can help you in the following ways
- By sending our fundraising guide
- By preparing sponsorship forms for you
- By sending you leaflets and posters about fragile X so that your supporters understand how the money they have raised will be spent
- If you are planning an event and would like families in your area to get involved then please Contact Us with the details so thar we can publicise your event
You can help us too
- By telling us about what you have done to raise money
- By sending us pictures of your event
We can put what you have done to fundraise in the Newsletter and on the website, so that it might inspire other members to follow your lead.
Jeans for Genes Day organised by Genetic Orders UK
Here is a surefire way to support the Society by donating your time, not your money : When your home insurance comes up for renewal, buy your insurance through Suraid.
Suraid will donate 6% of the premium that you pay for your home insurance to the Society, at no extra cost to you, for each year that you continue to buy your insurance through Suraid.
You can support us by obtaining a quotation for your Suraid home insurance policy, which will be provided by one of the following leading insureres: Aviva, RSA, Aegis, Lloyd's, Allianz and Ecclesiastical.
For telephone support or to obtain a telephone quote please call Paul Bartley on +44 (0) 20 7469 4988.
Thank you very much for your support.